A cookie is a small data file that resides in your laptop, computer, mobile phone or other electronic device. It enables us to distinguish you as a user when you revisit the website using the same computer and web browser. You are able to adjust the settings for cookies and can even remove or block them by changing the settings on your browser.
1. At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Options
2. Select the Privacy panel
3. Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history
4. Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them
5. Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored:
a. Keep until: they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie.
b. Keep until: I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
c. Keep until: ask me every time: Displays an alert every time a website tries to send a cookie, and asks you whether or not you want to store it.
6. Click OK to close the Options window.
1. Click on the gear-wheel icon at the top right of the browser window.
2. Click "Internet Options".
3. Change to the "Privacy" tab.
4. You now have two options depending on how much you want to restrict cookies.
Other forms of technology, for instance, Macromedia’s flash can be used as an alternative substitute, since it works similarly to a cookie on your computer. Using this substitute, you have the ability to control “flash cookies” or “local stored objects” by visiting www.macromedia.com and changing the Macromedia Website Privacy Settings Panel.
We may enable authorized third parties to recognize a unique cookie on your browser. This is done in order to serve you more personalized online advertisements to optimize your user experience. Any information given to third parties via cookies is not personally identifiable; however, it does include information, such as your age, geographical location and/or demographics. This helps us provide more relevant advertising that gauges your interests and enhances your user experience.
While most browsers are set up to accept cookies, you can adjust your browser settings to refuse all cookies or to notify you when a cookie is sent. For security purposes, we do not store unencrypted personal details/information via cookies.